Transition to new year groups for September
At Cliftonville Primary and Pre-School, we take the transition from one year group and one teacher to the next very seriously. We understand that the children have spent an enormous amount of time with their class teacher and so to support them in moving to a new year group and new teacher the Senior Leadership Team and Year Group Leaders work together to ensure that we get it right.
How do we do this?
- We spend a lot of time looking at different personalities and teaching and learning styles to match the children with the right teacher.
- We also provide opportunties for the new class teacher to visit their new class to see them in action in the classroom.
- Our transition day in July provides a further opportunity for the children, teacher and Teaching Assistant to spend time getting to know each other and their new surroundings.
- In term 6, our transition twilight session provides time for the old and new teacher to meet together to discuss the learning needs of the children as well as routines, groupings, friendships and the social and emotional welfare of the children.
- Social stories and small group transition sessions are provided for those children who find change difficult.
- Below, you will find the welcome booklets and teacher information sheets that can be shared with your children to support their transition futher.